This is non-paid and non-sponsored!
Over the ten years I’ve worked as a TV Presenter I’ve trailed and tested so many beauty products. When your hair or skin is playing up or troublesome, it can really knock the spring out of your step – and I’ll definitely admit to feeling like that at times in the path, when I’ve had a breakout, or my hair’s in a dry frizzy phase. It’s not so much about focusing on vanity, but the self-confidence that comes with feeling you’re at your best.
If your skin feels lackluster or your hair keeps splitting or frizzing, these are my absolute bathroom must haves. I can honestly say that these products have helped me feel like the best version of myself.
1. The Clinic’s The Moisturiser, Scott and Sullivan Face Cream $80 – I use this in the evenings before bed. My skin seems to instantly absorb this cream. It eats it up, leaving no oily residue behind. Since I’ve started using this product I’ve felt that my skin has been plumper and I’ve had less dehydration cracks and lines. I’ve also had fewer breakouts.
2. Ultra Ceuticals Ultra Protective Daily SPF30 + Moisturiser $69 – If you’re heading outside, this is my number one day cream. I’ve been in the roaring Queensland sun filming for hours and suffered no skin burn while wearing this product. Again it absorbs completely into your skin, leaving no textured residue behind. It works well under make-up. In the past I’ve found a lot of products containing SPF have made my skin breakout or become congested – Not this one!
3. Sk-II Facial Treatment Essence $37 – When I’ve had thick studio make up on, I’ll often have to cleanse two to three times to get all my make up off. Sometimes this can leave my face feeling stripped or dry. I like to use this product after cleansing to reset the PH levels of my skin. If I am suffering breakouts, I’ll give my face a break from any products and just splash treatment essence over my skin before bed. I also like to put this product in a spray bottle and use it on long plane flights to hydrate my skin in the air-conditioned environment.
4. Lanolips $17.99 – This is just a lip hydrator you can’t go past. I’ll also as a treatment, put it on, let it soak in, and then use an old tooth brush to exfoliate any dry skin off my lips.
5. Sukin Body Moisturiser $12.95 – This is a great moisturiser for before immediately having to put on clothes. It absorbs instantly. Results in hydrated skin for long hours and is all-organic with no nasty chemicals or mineral oils.
6. Bio Oil $34.99 – So I have heard mixed reports from other people about this product, but here’s my opinion. I can suffer from really dry cracking skin on my legs and arms. Once a week, before bed, I’ll put this oil over my entire body and even in the ends of my hair and sleep in it. My skin seems to glow from it for the days following. It also assists even skin tone.
7. Terax Original Crema $59.95 – The best conditioner I’ve ever used for dehydrated hair. Sleep in it, as a leave in once a week.
8. Olaplex Hair Perfector No.3 Take Home (prices vary). – This is a true hair mask to sleep in once or twice a week and has great repairing results for coloured, bleached or over styled hair.
9. QSilica $59.90 – After four weeks taking these capsules I 100% without a doubt noticed that I had new hair growth and my nails where much stronger and not breaking as often. This is a beauty tablet that REALLY DOES WORK!
10. Lazer Genesis – Obviously not a product you keep in your bathroom! I had to include this treatment, as it’s a great one for building self-confidence. I really swear by it for instant results. I’ve witnessed smaller pores, even skin tone and plumper glowing hydrated skin. It’s a good treatment to receive just before an event where you want your skin to be at it’s best. In Brisbane I go to Dr Angela Richardson at CozMedics Kenmore. Or on the Gold Coast Tahlia Cusack at the Lotus Institute Coolangatta.